I really dislike ships of Rainbow Dash being gay. Why? Rainbow hair+Tomboy= Lesbian is their logic. I don't like it. It does not mean I am a homophobe. It means I don't like a certain ship. Apple Dash is a very popular ship. I don't care. If its your OTP, I don't care. I like to think Pinkie Pie is asexual and Applejack Bi.
I prefer friendship more than pairings. Then people started to calling me homophobic.
I loved it when I was a little girl, but for this, and for some other reasons (not homophobia), I started to hate it.
I don't see how disliking gay pairs (especially anime) makes everyone a homophobic when they are not.
yeah, there are people who will bash you just because you like or don't like a ship, i've been bashed because of my ships before, and for disliking ships, it's annoying. i just try to ship my ships and be nice about it, and i don't hate anyone(especially not for silly things like ships), you know i'm nice
the worst examples of this were and , if you don't ship their ships, they will slit your throat
there's ships i obviously dont like or could care less about but im not going to harass people over their pairings, it's not like the characters are real or anything haa~
That also means that I'm making myself a target for the rabid folks in our little fandom, because I don't ship Lyra and Bon Bon. I like them as friends and roommates, simply because that kind of relationship can also make for interesting stories.
But n'ah, obviously for some they are homophobic... And i hate it when i see pairing that are out of their character. Come on, it's better to have a good story where there's hint of love but the character stay in character then having them to bang in the second chapter...
"I hate yaoi, but real homosexuality is fine"
Agreed. The reasons why I do n't like 90% of Yaoi pairings (that are not canon) are:
1. It takes two male characters are already taken/married/have crush on female character. (ex: Goku x Vegta, Mordecai x Rigby, etc.)
2. Really pairs them just because they look "cute" or "hot"
3. Makes them really out of character just for the sake of the ship "work" (*cough Sonadow cough*)
4. A lot of them are incest (ex: Luigi x Mario, Inuyasha x Sessomaru, etc) and/or pedophilia (ex: Sonic x Tails, Edward x Roy, etc)
5. Some are actually enemies that dislike/hate each other (ex: Danny x Vald, Dib x Zim, etc)
6. Great female characters get bashed just because they "get in the way" of certain Yoai OTPs
and so on.
Also, I will admit that ship PinkieDash, but not because of the "Rainbow hair+Tomboy= Lesbian" thing, but I think their personalities work well with each other. Besides I also like SoarinDash and CheesePie and I also do n't ship Rainbow with any other mare, but Pinkie Pie.
Anyway, awesome stamp.