I really dislike ships of Rainbow Dash being gay. Why? Rainbow hair+Tomboy= Lesbian is their logic. I don't like it. It does not mean I am a homophobe. It means I don't like a certain ship. Apple Dash is a very popular ship. I don't care. If its your OTP, I don't care. I like to think Pinkie Pie is asexual and Applejack Bi.
That also means that I'm making myself a target for the rabid folks in our little fandom, because I don't ship Lyra and Bon Bon. I like them as friends and roommates, simply because that kind of relationship can also make for interesting stories.
But n'ah, obviously for some they are homophobic... And i hate it when i see pairing that are out of their character. Come on, it's better to have a good story where there's hint of love but the character stay in character then having them to bang in the second chapter...
"I hate yaoi, but real homosexuality is fine"
Agreed. The reasons why I do n't like 90% of Yaoi pairings (that are not canon) are:
1. It takes two male characters are already taken/married/have crush on female character. (ex: Goku x Vegta, Mordecai x Rigby, etc.)
2. Really pairs them just because they look "cute" or "hot"
3. Makes them really out of character just for the sake of the ship "work" (*cough Sonadow cough*)
4. A lot of them are incest (ex: Luigi x Mario, Inuyasha x Sessomaru, etc) and/or pedophilia (ex: Sonic x Tails, Edward x Roy, etc)
5. Some are actually enemies that dislike/hate each other (ex: Danny x Vald, Dib x Zim, etc)
6. Great female characters get bashed just because they "get in the way" of certain Yoai OTPs
and so on.
Also, I will admit that ship PinkieDash, but not because of the "Rainbow hair+Tomboy= Lesbian" thing, but I think their personalities work well with each other. Besides I also like SoarinDash and CheesePie and I also do n't ship Rainbow with any other mare, but Pinkie Pie.
Anyway, awesome stamp.
I've always felt strongly about this so I hope it made sense...
Totally agree on the Rainbow Dash thing. I've never met a tomboy who's also gay, neither someone dressed in rainbow clothes, it just forges stereotypes and thats not good.
A friend of mine called me a homophobe when I didn't want to read a FanFic where the couple was homosexual. Not because I am against it (I support gay marriage and all that stuff.) but because I just didn't feel comfortble reading it. Apperantly, not wanting to see people of your own gender fuck each other is discrimanting.